15 August 2007

Golden Stitch

Okay, so it's been a while! What can I say - I've been busy!

I'm finally finding some time to get back into the swing, er, string of things (heh), and I came across an adorable pattern for a Golden Snitch. It looked fairly simple so I picked up some 100% cotton, 4-ply worsted Lily® Sugar n' Cream yarn in white and yellow, and some stuffing. 45 minutes later I had my Snitch!





Since I had the stuffing and this small project was such a success, this has got me going on Amigurumi. I have started on a bunny, but the one thing I'm not liking about it is the sewing. If you know me, but at all, you'll know I have a serious hate-on for sewing. I sewed the head to the body yesterday and it was a disaster. It might have something to do with the fact that, because I have avoided sewing my entire life - I pay my dry cleaner to sew buttons, fer heck sakes! - I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm hoping I can detach the two pieces without damaging them so I can give it another go. Plus, the bunny may have been a tad too ambitious... Maybe something smaller would have been better.

At any rate, I'll let you know how it went in my next post. In the meantime, and if you're into Amigurumi, check out Roxycraft for some amazing stuff!

3 comments:

T-Ra said...

I really like the wings. But you're going to have to enlighten me, what the heck is a snitch?

T-Ra said...

Nevermind, I just clicked on the link you provided. Duh!

T-Ra said...

My eyes glazed over as I tried to read it. But I figured it probably had something to do with Harry Potter.